Banned Books Reading 2011

Come support the freedom to read! The Rodney A. Briggs Library and Sigma Tau Delta student organization at the University of Minnesota, Morris will sponsor a Banned Books Event on Monday, September 26, 2010, at 7 p.m. in the McGinnis Room. The event, scheduled during the American Library Association's Banned Books Week, will include readings of excerpts from banned or challenged books. Afterward an informal discussion on censorship will take place. The public is invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.

If you would like to be a reader at the Banned Books Reading please contact Sara Butterfass at butt0177@morris.umn.edu.

From 2000-2010 there were 5,306 challenges in American libraries. Books like To Kill a Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, The Color Purple, The Kite Runner, the Harry Potter series, the Twilight books and The Hunger Games are challenged every day. Some of them are pulled from library shelves.

Banned Books Week is observed during the last week of September each year. Begun in 1982, the ALA annual event reminds Americans not to take this democratic freedom for granted.

Why Are Books Challenged?

Top 100 Challenged Books 2000-2009

Top 10 Most Frequently Challenged Books of 2010

Hello there, You have done a great job. Let me surely bing it and also on their own recommend in order to my pals. I am certain they shall be benefited from this web site.

It's such as you discover my head! A person to grasp so much relating to this, as if you wrote the information from it or something that is. I feel that you just might employ several p. d.. CouponUncle.com - Coupon Codes, Online Coupons and Deals to force the content house a bit, nonetheless apart from that, that is magnificent web site. A fantastic read through. I will unquestionably come back.