myU OneStop


Grant Finding Resources

1. NIH Fellowships and Training Grants

2. The Fogarty International Center list of Postdoctoral Non-NIH Funding Opportunities

3. Science Careers Grants & Funding (at

4. Diversity Postdoctoral Fellowships for Minorities and Women

5. University of Chicago Fellowship Resources and Databases

Immigration Issues

All immigration related issues for the University of Minnesota employees and students are handled by the International Students and Scholars Services, U of MN (ISSS).

Details about the following can be found here:

Additional Useful Resources

Tax Issues

The NPA has added a new article to its Postdoc resource page:
Overview of Tax Issues for Postdocs. The article provides information and resources on the tax issues facing postdocs. Topics include: tax withholding, reporting fellowship income, filing estimated taxes, FICA, self-employment tax, child and dependent care credits and taxes for international postdocs.

For Postdoctoral Fellows

As a Postdoctoral Fellow, you are not considered an "employee" of the University of Minnesota. You are a "trainee." This means that although you have the OPTION of having income tax withheld from your fellowship payments, it will NOT be automatically withheld unless you make a specific request using this form.

For more information about your tax situation as a Postdoctoral Fellow, please see the HRSS site or contact Employee Benefits: 612-624-9090 or 800-756-2363; fax 612-626-0808; email

Contact the University of Minnesota Postdoctoral Association by email at:

For International Scholars

The ISSS Tax Resources and Information website is also a useful reference for international scholars for tax related issues.