If you want to download the article "Hooking Up, Hanging Out, and Hoping for Mr. Right" (Glenn and Marquadt) you can go to:
2. write the title of the article in the search box
3. click on the first hit (it's a IAV report)
4. open the pdf file
5. print out the folowing pages of the report: from page 4 to 23 and from page 70 to 74
The article is also available in Wilson reserve
Enjoy and have a good weekend,
1. Should law enforcement be required to make mandatory arrests for husbands/partners accused of abusing their partners?
2. Is rehabilitation for batterers effective?
3. Is spousal/partner abuse a result of patriarchal society or does biology play a role?
4. Would changes in society (i.e. a move away from traditional families) reduce the occurrence of spousal abuse?
I had a medical emergency late this morning. But I will be holding office hours this afternoon until 6:15.
You can also email me with questions.
Ana will be holding extra office hours this Monday from 12:30 to 2:30 pm.
If you have any questions about the midterm please feel free to come to the office hours or send an email.
1.Is the financial advantage of outsourcing products such as meat worth the increases risk or disease due to poor quality control and subsequent degradation f the product?
2.Does outsourcing jobs for large companies, suck as Nike, Reebok or Disney, benefit the US more or the poor countries the jobs are outsourced to?
3.Should the government regulate outsourcing?
4.Do you believe the double standard still exists with girls having sex verses boys?
Sorry for the delay.
- Why do you think the trafficking of women is increasing, despite efforts
to minimize it?
-Why is it important to make a film like Biemann’s? How does it benefit
our understanding of sex trade?
-How do politics play a role in sexuality and visa versa?
-Where should the line of censorship and civil liberties be drawn? Must we
condemn some for society to exist?
-Does sex come before social institution or does society form sexuality?
1) What do you think of D'Emilio's argument, was capitalism a direct cause of a rise in gay identity?
2) How do you think most people will receive D'Emilio's argument that gays and lesbians have not always existed?
3) Do you agree with D'Emilio that capitalism facilitates homophobia and heterosexism?
4) What role do you think social desirability plays in people's responses towards questions of sex, not only in this study but others as well?
5) Do you think that the data from this study is trustworthy in lieu of the fact that it is over ten years old?
6) What role do you think the media has in peoples attitudes and practices of sex?
1. Which category: traditional, relational, or recreational, do you think is most common in society?
2. Is love becoming less important in relationships today?
3. Are relationships based more on sex or love these days?
4. Why do you think that homosexual couples have more sex at the beginning of their relationship?
5. Do you think homosexuality ever will be as excepted as heterosexuality?
6. Should homosexual couples have all the rights heterosexual couples have?
Here are the Discussion Questions for week 5 Group B.
Sorry for the delay.
1. Are sexual identities, like heterosexuality and homosexuality,
differentiated through social structures?
2. What problems do you see with the drive model? What is good about
the drive model? In your opinion, is one of the other models superior?
3. Do the Dutch have the right approach to prostitution: minimize, not
4. Why is sex work in other countries so marketable?
5. Should sex work in the United States be legal (other than Las Vegas)?
1. What are your opinions on the statement: “Sex is not a drive, it has no existence outside of society but is a product of social forces”?
2. Do you think any of these three models of sexuality are relevant today or would other ideas be more applicable.
3. What does this clip have to say about how sex is viewed in different geographic regions?
4. How does culture influence sex tourism?
5. How has globalization strengthened the idea of the body as a commodity?