Coaching Philosophy

With a prospective coaching position in my future, my biggest and most important goal is to be the best coach I can be for my personal self and for my athletes. In order to attain this goal I will need to abide my coaching position through my mission. My mission is to coach and teach my athletes to be the best they absolutely can be (both mentally and physically). By doing so both myself and my athletes will have to stick with three big words that attain to all sports/athletics: commitment, discipline, and most importantly consistency.

When committing yourself to a sport, an athlete should realize that they are devoting their time to an activity that requires a lot of work. I think that commitment is very important for my athletes because I wouldn't want them throwing in the towel half way through the program or not giving full effort. Aside from sports and athletics, committing yourself to anything is an important aspect of life to understand and knowing how to follow through with it.

Self-discipline is another great learning aspect everyone needs to have both in sports and in their everyday lifestyles. If my athletes can't learn to achieve great self-discipline during practice and games, then I would be very worried how they act off the field and how they carry themselves through their everyday lives. I think that self-discipline is a concept that really shows how mature an athlete is and how prepared they are for the real world after high school/college.

Last but not least, consistency is by far the most important thing to have in all sports. Performing at peak levels all the time is merely impossible (even for professional athletes). In your future career and lifestyle, staying consistent is an everyday norm that can be applied to everything and anything. If my athletes can at least learn from my coaching program how to stay consistent throughout their athletic lives, I know that they could possible transition that into their own lifestyle.

A majority of high school kids on an athletic team don't proceed their athletic careers to the college levels (and same with college to professional levels). So, as a coach I want to make sure that while participating in these sports, they are challenged to be the best person/athlete they are capable of both on and off the field for their own personal benefit.

Coaching Desire

Throughout my childhood and while growing up, I was always active with sports and various physical activities. When I entered college I knew that the Kinesiology major would fulfill my lifestyle with a career I would very much enjoy. I am a Kinesiology major with a Minor in coaching. My intentions are to enter the chiropractic field with coaching on the side. After participating in organized high school football and basketball, I have developed a strong desire to stay active within the sports by being able to coach the activities I enjoy the most.
The coaching minor and KIN 3143 course will help me understand the basic concepts of what it takes to be a coach for an athletic team. I feel that I already understand and have full desire for the sports, but knowing how to organize and administer them on a coaching lens is very important. The coaching minor program will help offer an education I need to diversify my coaching knowledge physically and mentally. Being the best coach I can possibly be for myself and my athletes would be my ultimate goal.

Coaching Desire