Congratulations!!! and Celebrations!!!

| 2 Comments | No TrackBacks

Congratulations to Niki and Shazia for their Outstanding Student Employment Recognition award. Granted by the Student Employee Leadership Program (SELP), the award recognizes achievement and growth related to on-campus student employment. Please join me in congratulating Niki and Shazia on their award!

As the end of the semester fast approaches, I'd like to recognize all of our achievements - especially our recent and near-to-be graduates Clark, Niki, Shazia, and Tina - by hosting a celebration/barbecue at my house. (I live in south Minneapolis very near campus.) Scheduling is always tricky, but I'm thinking sometime in late May or early June and mostly likely on a Saturday. If this is something that you would be interested in, please respond to this post with any dates that WILL NOT work for you. Once I get a better sense of availability I'll put the plans in motion.

~ David

End-of-Semester Evaluations

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Hi all,
I've been putting evaluation meetings on your calendars for next week. If you haven't seen anything come through, assume that your meeting will occur sometime during the summer semester. Thanks, and please let me know if you have any questions.

~ David

Finals Week

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Hi all,
I'm distributing a Finals Week Schedule (5/9 - 5/13) for next month. This can be flexible when we get closer to exams, but please be mindful of your fellow colleagues when signing up for shifts. Everyone is busy this time of year and it will be much more manageable if we all have hours to give. Thanks! ~ David

Go Team and a Job Well Done!

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Hi all,
As you may or might not know, InfoNOW in its current form is just under 2 years old. During this time, there have been some busy and some slow times. This past March represents one of our best months. During March we processed 2,721 requests, our second busiest month. Our service fees (the amount we charge for a request without copyright or other vendor fees) was the second highest ever at $65,050. Finally, we generated total billings for the month of $99,401 for our single highest monthly billings.

Additionally, you may or might not know that all the money InfoNOW generates that would be called "profit" is reinvested back into the University Libraries. This year we are on track to generate nearly $300,000 in profits. In a year when the state is looking to cut 14% from the University's funding, you all are playing an important role in mitigating the impact of those cuts to the libraries. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Missing Badges

| 9 Comments | No TrackBacks

Badges #2 and #3 have been missing for the past two weeks. Please check your belongings to see if you have one of them.

(Please initial after reading)

~ David

Student Meetings

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Hello all -
Over the next few weeks I'll be scheduling informal meetings with everyone to touch base, hear about your semesters, and get a sense of what your plans will be for the summer. Look for a message from me in the next few weeks.

~ David

Staff Lunch

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

On Wednesday, December 22 we will be having a staff lunch for everyone starting at 11:30am to celebrate the end of semester. Pizza (vegetarian and meat) and beverages will be provided. Wednesday was chosen since that was a day that our various schedules would accommodate, but please stop by even if you're not schedule to work that day - we will be sure to save some for those who might arrive later. ~ David

Final Exam Week Schedule

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Thanks to everyone for signing up for hours during finals week. I know this is a busy and somewhat stressful time of year, so I'm very grateful for the shifts everyone has been willing to take. At this time, we have all hours covered sufficiently. In fact, there are some days where we will have quite a bit of overlap, so please let me know if you need any additional time off for exams. Otherwise, I may edit hours and shift times to avoid too much overlap.

Until then, please take a moment to look at the Finals Hours that I currently have for everyone. If there are problems, please correct, but if it involves significant chunks of time, clear them with me before doing so. Thanks again, and good luck to everyone with the end of semester. (Stay tuned for another message for hours over winter break.)

~ David

Extra Work

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

If anyone is looking to fill their winter break with work, work, and more work, Wilson Library has a need for additional pagers and shelvers between December 13 and January 7. Please let me know if there is any interest. ~ David

Performance Reviews

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Hello all -
This is a reminder of the performance reviews/meetings that I will be having with each of you next week. The performance review portion will focus on the competencies from the job descriptions (if you would like to review yours, please let me know). The meeting part will be a conversation about what you see working or what needs improving from my end. I rely on your input to make process improvements in the areas most likely to directly impact your work. If you need a reminder of the date and time we are schedule to meet, please let me know.

~ David

Recent Comments

Recent Assets

• Your Vote Counts.jpg

• Resources