URP again

We've launched our second attempt to chase the cisco URP. This one is a significant improvement over the previous try. Unfortunately the process doesn't provide much detailed feedback. In fact, there is none: just a letter that says, gosh, thanks for asking, but go away.

Now, that's a reasonable response for cisco to generate, because I'm sure that they have a lot of these. It is not in their interest to have every reject try over and again, tailoring their proposals to the training of the reviewers. But, as one of the rejects, I really would prefer to have a chance to present a better fitting request the second time around.

We'll see.

Posted by pete2791 at 8:24 PM

GUAYFM

Still trying to figure out what happened with the cisco URP. Apparently the line about `many excellent proposals' from the flush letter was not mere boilerplate: they funded about 10% of them. So we're in the wrong 90%, but we have plenty of company.

We're proceeding with revisions on the assumption that a set of intermediate milestones with measurable practical applications will help.

Posted by pete2791 at 5:53 PM

URP! Try again!

cisco turned down our URP proposal. Since I'm the guy with the cisco contacts, I'm hunting them up to figure out how to make it work better next time. There's another deadline coming up on 24 August, so we can attempt to submit a revised proposal for that. This is contingent on getting feedback from our champions about what we were lacking the first time around.

Posted by pete2791 at 10:56 PM