myU OneStop

Unit's home page.

Rosemary Munns, PsyD, honored with Faculty Mentor Award

BACK TO PHS NEWSLETTER

Munns-award.jpgRosemary Munns, PsyD, was honored with the 2011 Faculty Mentor Award presented by the PHS postdoctoral fellows. Graduating fellows Eric Sprankle, PsyD, and Sheena Hoffman, PhD, presented the award.

Sprankle said of Munns, "I learned more about cognitive therapy from her in the first six months of my fellowship than in the five years of previous clinical training combined. She provided invaluable support and advice for job searching and studying for the EPPP. And most importantly, I am truly fortunate to have had her empathy and warmth when I was experiencing personal distress."

Hoffman added, "Rose has always followed through for me, and she was thorough and attentive every step of the way. Being lucky enough to have her as a supervisor my first semester/rotation here, I felt very safe. She serves as a body guard for the postdocs as needed, since she was a postdoc here herself. I have always appreciated that she is organized, on top of things, attentive, and makes sure that she has answered every question before we move forward. I have a lot of respect for her, and feel honored to have worked with her. She has served as a strong mentor to me."

Munns thanked Sprankle and Hoffman and said, "I am truly honored. Training the postdocs is a very important part of my job that I take very seriously. Thank you."

Munns herself is a graduate of the PHS postdoctoral fellowship. She has mentored postdoctoral fellows since 2001.

Munns received her MA in clinical psychology in 1995 and her PsyD in 1998 from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology. She had 12 years of experience in the mental health field prior to graduate school. She has extensive clinical experience in assessment and treatment of substance abuse, working in correctional settings with juvenile delinquents and adults, as well as inpatient and outpatient psychiatry. Her primary interest is in providing clinical services to adults with sexuality issues. Her areas of interest are sexual dysfunctions, relationship and sex therapy, transgender issues, assessment and treatment of sex offenders, abuse recovery, compulsive sexual behavior, sexual orientation, and HIV counseling.

PHOTO: Rosemary Munns, PsyD, Eric Sprankle, PsyD, and Sheena Hoffmann, PsyD

BACK TO PHS NEWSLETTER