Thanks PHS donors, this year has been filled with new and exciting projects to advance sexual health in our communities.
• The endowed Chair in Sexual Health continues to provide key support at PHS for the director and faculty to promote sexual health in Minnesota, the nation, and the world. This year the Chair supported a productive faculty retreat which focused on improving our postdoctoral fellowship program. The Chair also supported staff training and faculty participation in sexual health policy consultations.
• Funding from the Joycelyn Elders Chair in Sexual Health Education endowment allowed us to convene an important summit on sexual health education for medical schools. Over 50 professionals attended this historic and critical meeting including leaders in sexual health education from 24 medical schools and universities and representatives from 25 organizations including the American Medical Association and the American Association of Medical Colleges.
• We were very excited to commission a new play and theatrical production based on the stories, experiences, and perspectives of transgender and gender non-conforming youth in high school. Faculty members developed educational materials for the play, all of which will be made available to high schools and community groups across the country without charge. It is our hope that educators and peers will re-create the play to develop an increased understanding and appreciation of the issues that transgender and gender non-conforming youth face.
• This fall two of our researchers started a new preliminary research project on sexuality and aging with a focus on mindfulness and the body in "women of a certain age."
• Through our faculty and appreciation fund, we have been able to give faculty and staff awards and reward outstanding contributions and help fund small initiatives to foster their work.
Thank you for providing our faculty with the resources to start these important projects.
Please help us to continue to positively impact the sexual health of individuals, couples, families, and communities by making a year-end gift to PHS today!
The faculty at PHS are committed to bringing science-based and sex-positive solutions to sexuality education, clinical care, research, and public policy. Please become our partner in these important efforts by making a generous year-end donation of $100, $250, $500, or more to one of the funds listed below.
Thank you for your continued commitment to change the direction of sexual health in this country and around the world. BECAUSE OF YOU we are helping individuals, couples, and families lead more sexually healthy lives.
Chair in Sexual Health
Supports the Director to advance the field of sexual health and provide the infrastructure to attract, retain, and support top faculty and staff at PHS
Joycelyn Elders Chair in Sexual Health Education
Provides support to advance sexual health education for every person regardless of age, ethnic background, sexual or gender identity or socioeconomic status and to ensure that professionals are equipped to address the sexual health needs of the people in their care.
Sexuality and Aging Research
Providing resources for faculty in the Program in Human Sexuality to conduct research on sexuality and aging.
Ashley Rukes Transgender Health Fund
Provides support for transgender health services for the uninsured.
Program in Human Sexuality Faculty Appreciation and Research Fund
Provides support for PHS faculty and their projects in research, education, and clinical service.
Program in Human Sexuality General Fund
Provides unrestricted support where is it most needed
PHOTO: play production Trans/formations: Addressing Gender Issues in School
BACK TO PHS NEWSLETTER