Shanty Town

I headed out to the art shanties two weeks ago, on a nice clear wintery day. I always enjoy being outside, and it was a perfect day to do so. I hadn't really been expecting a big production from this, in fact beforehand I was wondering how I would be able to distinguish these shanties from the other numerous ones that were surely on the same lake. Upon arriving I was surprised by the number of people there, punctuated by my inability to find a parking spot. The shanties were quite a bit more substantial and accessible than I was expecting. Although the shanties themselves were interesting, I found myself to be more focused on the area outside, and all of the people who were there enjoying themselves. It was especially surprising to see some sort of live theater performance being put on, which was attracting the biggest crowds. The atmosphere reminded me of a small scale summer carnival or fair, with everyone in seemingly good and explorative moods, which seemed somehow completely fitting despite the 15 degree weather out there that day. I think it would be safe to say the ice shanties were unlike anything I have seen before.
-Robert

This page contains a single entry by ibler002 published on February 9, 2010 9:53 PM.

Art Shanties was the previous entry in this blog.

Art Shanty is the next entry in this blog.