Presentation Blog

The first presentation I saw in discussion was a project based off of a website which I thought was an interesting concept. Not only did they have a website they also provided a well designed booklet to advertise their website and hopefully get more visitors and spread the knowledge that they have discovered. This groups project was about the millennium goal, which focused on ensuring environmental stability throughout the world. They talked about topics like decreasing or use of fossil fuels and ways to reduce the 2.2 million tons of electronic waste that there is in the world. I was amazed by the amount of electronic waste we have, 2.2 million tons, where does all of that waste go. They also spoke about the need for large-scale “green� renovations throughout the world. This renovations included things like using energy efficient appliances, having a personal garden, wearing bamboo clothing, use of bio-fuels and hybrid cars. The one that I found most interesting was having your own personal garden. I liked this idea a lot because it seems pretty simple and it also decrease the amount of chemicals and pesticides used by massive farms, which in turn improves the quality of our environment in so many ways.

The next presentation/topic I found interesting was the group that focused on millennium goal one which was eradicating extreme poverty and hunger. I liked this group’s idea of improving areas of extreme poverty by improving their social infrastructure via the use of a radio. I thought this was interesting because radio use seems so primitive that you don’t think it could possibly work. But when you think about it the areas of extreme poverty have poor education levels and radio use is a very simple technology for them to understand. Once the begin learning how to perfect the use of radio they can move on to better technology more complex forms of communication and technology. Even though we think computer use and technology is simple this may not be true in other cultures and we have to keep this fact in mind. Sometimes simple is better and if their culture moves on to better more complex technology in the future that’s great but simple technology may be the first step in this process. I liked the idea of Radio use because it’s extremely versatile and adaptable to the needs of different cultures and economies but in the end it improves a cultures social infrastructure and makes communicating and spreading knowledge easier and more efficient which in turn will hopefully improve the economic well being of that society or culture.

Another Title Page

I really liked these face images I found on flickr so I decided to make another random title page, I think it's pretty cool.
Download file

Title Pages

This is my last title page I worked on but my favorite which is why I put it first. I think I like it better because instead of just shape I used some interesting images I found on the internet and I like it a lot. I modified some of the images and the text in Adobe Illustrator to make them look a little more interesting.
Download file