Chilean miner finishes NYC marathon

Chilean miner Edison Pena finished a New York City marathon Sunday, just 69 days after being rescued from a Chilean mine, the New York Daily News reported.

Accessorized with a Chilean flag and knee brace, Pena, 34, finished the marathon in five hours, 40 minutes, and 51 seconds.

"In this marathon I struggled," Pena told reporters. "I struggled with myself, I struggled with my own pain, but I made it to the finish line. I want to motivate other people to also find the courage and strength to transcend their own pain."

Pena said running was his way of proving just how much he wants to live, the Associated Press reported.

It has all the good content that needs to be covered. I feel that maybe you don't need his name in the lead, you can put it towards the second paragraph where you are giving details. The quote was good, but maybe you could have some more information backing up the quote. Other than that, great job, girl! Keep up the good work!

i never ran a marathon but it sounds like a lot of fun

This page contains a single entry by pluym001 published on November 7, 2010 6:10 PM.

Las Vegas-area Walmart evacuated was the previous entry in this blog.

Rumor: Childress' job in jeopardy is the next entry in this blog.