Family Sues Peanut Butter Company Over Death
A 78-year-old man died in Brainerd after consuming the tainted peanut butter that lead to the salmonella outbreak and now the family is suing according to the Star Tribune. Clifford Tousignant, originally from Duluth, died in a Brainerd nursing home on January 12. Health officials say that his health conditions make it hard to pinpoint salmonella as the direct cause of his death, however a Minnesota law firm is now filing a suit against the company that makes King Nut Peanut Butter. The Pioneer Press reported that according to the lawsuit, the man ate peanut butter in his nursing home in December and tested positive for salmonella when he died in January.