Fatal St. Cloud fire started by cooking

| No Comments

Investigators say "careless cooking" sparked a St. Cloud house fire that left one college student dead and injured another, according to Kare 11.

Kyle Kopischke, 23, died in the fire that destroyed the house at 520 6th Avenue Sout on Nov. 24, according to Kare 11.

Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen before spreading to the rest of the house, reports Kare 11. Two of the stove's burners were on at the time of the fire.

The home's smoke alarm had disabled and removed and the building had no sprinkler system, reports WCCO.

Kopischke's 22-year-old roommate, Kevin Murphy, was injured in the blaze and also suffered from smoke inhalation, reports WCCO news.

Investigators say they believe alcohol may have been a factor in the fire, according to WCCO news.

Kopischke was from Comfrey and studying at St. Cloud Technical College, reports WCCO.

Leave a comment