« Newspapers;Fate of the free press! | Main | That Being Said »

A Global Workplace

Today in class we discussed the possibility of a global workspace where jobs are dictated by need rather than by hour. This seems to be the most efficient way to do business so in this respect I couldn't argue. I do feel strongly on the topic, however so I feel I should let you in on my side of the issue. I feel a global economy will benefit not only the individual, but also the economy in general.

Think of all the time spent at work that is wasted. Why, as we speak I am being paid by Citadel Broadcasting. Yet I am not doing what I am supposed to be doing. That is because in most current careers people are burdened with time to kill. It is far too common for an everyday worker to kill hours online. In a task based work force this wouldn't be existant. I feel that as the world becomes more connected, as communication because easier and faster, we will experience a transition to task based work rather than hourly.

This is a good thing. The world will benefit and we will be able to work on our own time, in our own workplace and at our own discression. This is the highest form of democracy. I hope we can achieve much more task based career options in the near future. It is a good thing.