The Same Definition

I went with the same definition as last week. The reason being is that I feel that it emcompasses almost every aspect of leadership for me. While the readings offer all the big words and savvy phrases, this definition sums it up in a way that makes perfect sense to me. As a junior, I lead a team of 6 individuals for a major marketing project. I showed leadership by creating the foundation. We were the ONLY group to get an A! So, if there is anything new to say, it would be that you must create a respectable foundation of knowledge in that area. This will creat the foundation for respect.

Definition: The exertion of individualism that enables others to follow the example of. Individualism that possesses qualities such as taking action, command, intiative, positivity, persistence, and success. A person with leadership will acquire or learn most if not all of these...

Hi, James,

Nice job, generally, but there are a few problems. First, please check the formatting from the syllabus to ensure that you're meeting the requirements of the assignment in order to receive full credit. Second, the first sentence of your definition is incomplete; it's a sentence fragment. "...to follow the example of..." -- what? Either reword or complete the thought so it's clear what you're saying. Also, "individualism" doesn't possess any qualities -- do you mean that the individual possesses those qualities? Individualism *is* a quality that one might possess.

Also, neither of your posts has an academic reference. I'll let it slide this week (and last) but starting next week not citing an academic reference will be an automatic zero grade. This policy is clearly spelled out in the syllabus and was emphasized in the scavenger hunt.

Keep at it; I look forward to seeing this get refined.

Jude

Grade: 5 points out of 10 possible.
Clarity of the new definition: 1 point
Thoughtfulness of the analysis: 4 points
Grammar, spelling, and APA style: 0 points

This page contains a single entry by price387 published on September 24, 2010 7:37 AM.

My Definition of Leadership was the previous entry in this blog.

Definition of Leadership-10/3 is the next entry in this blog.