Welcome

Welcome to the course blog for GWSS 3004: Contemporary Feminist Debates. While this blog is primarily for participants in the course, it is open to anyone for reading and engaging. 

Here are three ways to follow the class on twitter:

For more general class information, make sure to check out the syllabus and assignment pages. They will always provide the most current information. 

Can't remember how to blog? Download this checklist. Or review the entry How to blog, a primer. You can also check this category: How to Blog/Tweet. Throughout the semester, I will be posting entries with various tips/strategies for blogging and using twitter. Want more information about twitter? Download this checklist

When reading the blog:
Why should you blog?

Having used blogs in my courses for over four years now, I see how valuable they can be for: 
  • Developing community between students 
  • Enabling students to engage with the material and each other in different ways 
  • Encouraging students to really think about and process the ideas 
  • Helping all of us to organize our thoughts and ideas 
  • Providing a central location for posting information and handouts 
  • Allowing for a space outside of the classroom for engaging with the readings and each other 
I am hopeful that engaging with the course blog will provide us with another space in which to connect and continue conversations that we didn't finish/weren't able to start during class time. Want to know more about why I blog? Check out my blog posts here and here

DE April 27: Group B
While this course has been my first official foray into the GWSS department, feminism and gender politics have always been…
DE March 30: Group B
La Colectiva has a few conflicting messages. While their Bill of Rights demands improved conditions to empower workers and "level…
"Vulva"...A Feminist Issue?
Since our classmates' informative and compelling blog about the perfume industry has made fragrances something of a hot-ticket item,…