Welcome to the course blog for GWSS 3004: Contemporary Feminist Debates. While this blog is primarily for participants in the course, it is open to anyone for reading and engaging.
Here are three ways to follow the class on twitter:
- Follow the class list
- Follow the instructor
- Search for #femd2011 after logging into twitter (our course hashtag)
Can't remember how to blog? Download this checklist. Or review the entry How to blog, a primer. You can also check this category: How to Blog/Tweet. Throughout the semester, I will be posting entries with various tips/strategies for blogging and using twitter. Want more information about twitter? Download this checklist.
When reading the blog:
- Always check for announcements by clicking on the announcements category.
- Click on the class summaries category to review what we discussed in class.
Why should you blog?
Having used blogs in my courses for over four years now, I see how valuable they can be for:
- Developing community between students
- Enabling students to engage with the material and each other in different ways
- Encouraging students to really think about and process the ideas
- Helping all of us to organize our thoughts and ideas
- Providing a central location for posting information and handouts
- Allowing for a space outside of the classroom for engaging with the readings and each other