Transgender Community: this is a Feminist Issue because...

In our culture, there is a strict distinction of only 2 different genders: Male and female bathrooms, male and female clothing stores, male and female names and colors and roles, and Feminism: the belief that men and women are equal. What about the people that fall somewhere in between? The people that may not identify with being strictly male or strictly female? I have not researched deeply enough into Feminism to know, so I ask: is there recognition of the transgender community in Feminist theory and belief?

Check out this great video response that speaks to your last question by @moviesofmyself (they're an undergrad GWSS major here at the U; that's their twitter name, in case you want to follow them!).

I think that this is super fantastic video, and I absolutely agree. I feel that there has been to much historical predjudice that created divisions between trans communities and feminist communities. But I feel that a feminist perspective is absolutely vital to creating successful change for trans people

I think that this is super fantastic, and I absolutely agree. I feel that there has been to much historical predjudice that created divisions between trans communities and feminist communities. But I feel that a feminist perspective is absolutely vital to creating successful change for trans people