DE March 30

I found that the La Collectiva was very similar to the program that the lady in the movie was a part of. I think that it is a good idea to be in one of these because it seems like it is very similar to a union. Since, they are a large group they can come together and fight for something such as these bills of rights. Although, after reading the Bill of Rights I thought that it was a little weird that an adequate night of sleep is 5 hours and that there is nothing about an exact amount that they should be paid. For instance, minimum wage, I think that this something that could be misconstrued. They are using the approach that everyone is entitled to basic workers rights like paid sick days, vacation days and other issues. They are using the approach that these domestic workers are not machines; they are human beings and need to be treated like it. They are using social media by using this blog as a source to get their word out and that they have rights. So, when people order their service they can see that they are a group and that they can't take advantage of them. Also, I think that by putting this Bill of Rights in a public place it will help sales. This is because people will feel better if they order workers that are being treated fairly.

I agree that La Collectiva is a progressive group that might need a union. Since they have grown so much in membership in recent years, they might save some of that money for a better HR department or even a unionized group.
Some of the rights being denied are robbing domesticas of their pride and even their health. I think a more close-to-home example would be Jimmy Johns' employees struggling for their rights right now. They are being denied sick days as well, and claim that this has a detrimental effect on the quality of service they are able to offer. Nobody wants to eat food that is made by sick people, but the sick people are unable to take time off so they must prepare it while they're sick. This is a concern for workers, Jimmy Johns, and the public, which is why it reminded me of the domesticas bill of rights.
Unlike Jimmy Johns, the "necessity" of hiring domestic workers also creates unique problems. First, the intimate but transactional relationship between the employer and employee, also, the quality of work being performed, the expectations for taking days off when they are sick versus healthy. They are using social media by using this blog as a source to get their word out and that they have rights. So, when people order their service they can see that they are a group and that they can't take advantage of them. Also, I think that by putting this Bill of Rights in a public place it will help sales. This is because people will feel better if they order workers that are being treated fairly.