Welcome

Welcome to the blog for GWSS 5103: Feminist Pedagogies! This blog played a central role in our class from September-December 2010. While our class was not exclusively about social media, we devoted considerable attention to bringing feminist pedagogical theories to bear on social media, such as blogs, twitter, facebook and youtube. We also spent a lot of time engaging with social media through our course blog, twitter feed and class assignments. And we shaped this blog into a resource site for information, ideas, activities, and reflections on feminist pedagogies.

At the conclusion of the class, the students posted some final statements that included: 1. a summary of the blog as a resource for feminist pedagogies and 2. a statement on feminist teaching with social media. Check out all of these statements here.

Some youtube examples
Of course, after class, I came up with tons of youtube videos that I would love to use in a…
Final statement - 00bserver and Rhetoricqueline
Megan Boler probably didn't anticipate her chapter about "a pedagogy of discomfort" would be so deeply "experienced" in a Feminist…
Social Pharmacy in Brazil: another pedagogical example
I remember one of the exercises we used to do with pharmacy students in Brazil... that was a good example…