Some youtube examples

Of course, after class, I came up with tons of youtube videos that I would love to use in a class (and will probably use in the future). Here is one set:

Representations of Black Masculinity

I think that these commercials for Old Spice could generate some productive conversations about representations of masculinity in relation to race, class and sexuality. The first one features the viral phenomenon, the "Old Spice Guy." It debuted last February. 

The second commercial was posted on youtube a month after the first. What differences do you see between the representations of black masculinity here? (How) is that reflected in the different products they are selling? 

I just found this final commercial on the old spice website. It was posted on youtube this past October. 

Some youtube examples
Of course, after class, I came up with tons of youtube videos that I would love to use in a…
Final statement - 00bserver and Rhetoricqueline
Megan Boler probably didn't anticipate her chapter about "a pedagogy of discomfort" would be so deeply "experienced" in a Feminist…
Social Pharmacy in Brazil: another pedagogical example
I remember one of the exercises we used to do with pharmacy students in Brazil... that was a good example…