Welcome to the course blog for GWSS 1002: Politics of Sex! While this blog is primarily for participants in the course, it is open to anyone for reading and engaging. Make sure to read through this welcome page carefully; I have provided many different links to important information. Use it as a reference guide throughout the semester. Many of your questions about blogging, assignments, etc. will be answered on this page and/or the syllabus and assignment pages.
Here are three ways to follow the class on twitter:
- Follow the class list
- Follow the instructor
- Search for #posex2011 after logging into twitter (our course hashtag)
- Always check for announcements by clicking on the announcements category.
- Click on the class summaries category to review what we discussed in class.
- Check out what your classmates have posted by clicking on your section category: 002, 003, 004, 005.
- Developing community between students
- Enabling students to engage with the material and each other in different ways
- Encouraging students to really think about and process the ideas
- Helping all of us to organize our thoughts and ideas
- Providing a central location for posting information and handouts
- Allowing for a space outside of the classroom for engaging with the readings and each other