What's sex got to do with... manorexia

The media today has taught women to strive for perfection when it comes to appearance. Over time, this ideal body image has changed from a curvaceous, voluptuous body to a tall, skeletal body. Many female models and other celebrities are very skinny; as a consequence, women who are actually at a healthy weight consider themselves to be "fat." Unfortunately, this can lead to eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, where a person essentially starves themselves. Since the majority of people with anorexia nervosa are women, society often forgets the small percentage of people suffering from this awful disease that are men. Men also face the pressures of having a perfect body--one which is very muscular and lacks fat. This video tells the story of a former male model who changed from attractive and well-toned to what he is today. It appears that going through anorexia himself has taught him a very important lesson-- that being healthy is more important than being society's image of perfection. Why do you think that more females become anorexic then men? Do you think that there will be a push to advertise models that are at a healthy weight in the future? Is this a problem faced only by Americans, or by people all over the world?