Extra Credit for Final Presentation

Barbie and Ken
I found this presentation to be quiet interesting and surprising at the same time. I didn't realize that race played an important role as being Barbie as well. As the group mentioned, even the displayed of a young Asian female wanted to be "dressed up" to be like Barbie. To be like Barbie is every girl dream because Barbie is associated with being beautiful and every girl wants to be just like her. Being Barbie is like being a feminine which fits into the Charmed Circle and the norm of society as well. Another point that I found quiet surprising is that even though Barbie dolls used in Asia or other part of the world, it is still used the image of being Western or white!

Perfume
I like this presentation as well because the group talked about how sex is related to perfume ads. The advertisers sells sex in their commercials or ads to attract consumers from different sex to purchase the perfume. People want feel and look "sexy" by using the perfume. It is interesting to see how different smell perfume linked to different sex.