My choice Comment 1

Today at the place where I volunteer we were discussing an upcoming training that is going to be offered at a near by institution. The training is entitled "Social Constructions of Gender Violence". My boss was prepping for the training and we had a colorful discussion about all the ways in which gender violence has become part of our culture without us even knowing it. One of the most interesting point s she brought up comes from the much discussed movie "Twilight". basically she broke it down like this for me:
"What are we teaching 10 year olds?" That it is normal to break into someone's home by oiling their bedroom window and watch them sleep for eight hours. Not only is the AGAINST THE LAW: Felony breaking and entering and stalking, but it is also saying to our youth (and some adults frankly) that their love and desire has to be at a felony level in order to be sexy.
I also posted some Tweets about some of the other points that were raised during the discussion. There were many many others: think Rhianna and Eminem, Pink, "Kiss With a Fist". Has this become so mainstream that we are calloused enough to it that we don't even notice anymore? I for one certainly have.

Annotated Bibliography
My tracking topic is children/youth:┬áSource #1ttp://www.lauras-playground.com/transgender_transsexual_children.htmtt In our experience we have talked with hundreds of thousands of Transsexuals and Transgendered…
In so far as to say, hooray
Hooray, for many things. For the start of winter break. For the end of classes. For the time we have…
To wrap it all up in a tasty soft shell taco...
TRACKING Queering the Non/human can be approached by various disciplines. As a tracking term, I failed to annotate bibliographies in…