Summary of Diablog

The diablog assignment was definitely one of my favorite ones, because it gave me an opportunity to collaborate with other people and really, as a group, delve into the subject matter and then talk about what we learned with other people. I enjoyed breaking up into 2 groups and talking about the 2 different aspects of Ahmed's main points: unhappy queers and achieving happiness even when nobody backs you. Then getting the entire class together to share what each group discussed was beneficial because now everyone was able to hear both sides of the story--people always seem to talk more in a smaller group too.

I was in the unhappy queers group, and we first discussed Ahmed's theory behind happiness. Half of the group said that happiness is dependent on other people and that someone is never going to be happy unless they are surrounded by people are are happy. But then what makes those surrounding people happy? How does happiness originate? The other side of the argument was that people are able to find happiness and that it is a subjective concept, so in other words, if you believe that you are happy, then you are happy. We also talked about the examples that Ahmed used in her chapter and that some of them were fairly obvious to understand if not over exaggerated. I personally enjoyed the use of her examples, because it put a clear understanding of what she was trying to demonstrate with the feelings experienced by unhappy queers.

I particularly enjoyed watching the movie clips as a whole group, because again it was nice to see her examples come to life and paint a picture in your head about all of these negative emotions towards unhappiness. Ahmed seemed to have a very appealing writing style as compared to Judith Butler, because everything seemed to flow in a logical order and the language was simplified to a point where you could thoroughly understand the use of her examples. Fun assignment!

Annotated Bibliography
My tracking topic is children/youth:┬áSource #1ttp://www.lauras-playground.com/transgender_transsexual_children.htmtt In our experience we have talked with hundreds of thousands of Transsexuals and Transgendered…
In so far as to say, hooray
Hooray, for many things. For the start of winter break. For the end of classes. For the time we have…
To wrap it all up in a tasty soft shell taco...
TRACKING Queering the Non/human can be approached by various disciplines. As a tracking term, I failed to annotate bibliographies in…