The Promise of Happiness and Wikileaks

In working with the idea of feminist killjoys, I am interested in reading Wikileaks this way.

For those of you who are not yet familiar, Wikileaks is known for disseminating classified documents in an effort to expose government, corporate, and state corruption, oppression, and questionable ethics. It has received huge amounts of news coverage, both the organization itself, and its main spokesperson, Julian Assange, for releasing large amounts of communications dealing with many US foreign affairs and policies. It has been hailed as courageous and invaluable, but also as terrorism and short sighted.

I'm interested in reading Julian Assange's work, and the Wikileaks organization as a whole, as a form of a feminist killjoy. It disturbs and disrupts the "business as usual" and "happiness" or complacency found for and within our government institutions. Can killing joy be thought of as whistle blowing or consciousness-raising? How does it affect our idea of the good/happy citizen? Julian Assange claims government bodies are directly and indirectly affecting his personal liberties as well as groups ability to function. Of what value are state secrets? Can we really turn a blind eye, "for the greater good"?

Annotated Bibliography
My tracking topic is children/youth:┬áSource #1ttp://www.lauras-playground.com/transgender_transsexual_children.htmtt In our experience we have talked with hundreds of thousands of Transsexuals and Transgendered…
In so far as to say, hooray
Hooray, for many things. For the start of winter break. For the end of classes. For the time we have…
To wrap it all up in a tasty soft shell taco...
TRACKING Queering the Non/human can be approached by various disciplines. As a tracking term, I failed to annotate bibliographies in…