how to make text boxes with arrows!

This blog won't let me easily cut and paste by hand out from class :(

But I wanted to tell people how to make text boxes that will impress other people and help you seem mega cool.

First step: make a text box
In MS Word, well I have the fancy MSWord one for Win 7, but hopefully this copies over to older versions. you just select Insert > Text Box. Make the text box however big you want.

Then, for the arrows, I select Insert > Shapes. There are many arrows to chose from, so chose one, and then you can drag it around for the perfect angle and size.

The bummer is the text boxes and arrows act as their own kind of world, so it is hard to start typing full paragraphs underneath them. I would press enter a whole bunch to get the cursor BELOW your intended text box area, so when you want to resume regular typing, the cursor will be in the right spot.

Happy Nerding Out!

-mel

Thanks Mel!

Yes, thanks for the tips. Always looking for ways to be a bigger nerd!

direct link to Prostitution Project
here is the link to the Prostitution Project report I was gushing over in class. SO worth your time to…
how to make text boxes with arrows!
This blog won't let me easily cut and paste by hand out from class :( But I wanted to tell…
Documentary Poetic Scrap
An excerpt / snapshot from my hybrid text project "Mother Substance" The Animal In Me2.pdf…