Live-Tweeting Nussbaum

I'm not biased at all, really.

#quet2011 Live-tweeting Nussbaum for my second DE. Be prepared.
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Academics have "eyes always on the material conditions of real women" -- Real women? What's that mean?
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum focuses on the "practical" and the "real." This seems to mean legislative change in rape law for the most part.
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum says "new feminism" tells us that we're "prisoners" of power structures that we can never escape. Is that so?
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum complains that Butler is hard to understand & her theorists tend to disagree with one another. Cry me a river, Nussbaum
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum complains about Butler's unanswered questions. Is it wrong to ask questions w/o having an answer?
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum says Butler's "gender as social construction" isn't a new idea.
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum critiques Butler's agency: it "dooms" us to repetition and "parody" as our only recourse.
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum misinterprets Butler's argument about the social construction of the body, in my opinion.
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum says Butler argues for waiting for a political struggle to reveal itself.
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum criticizes Butler for not prescribing a "normative theory of social justice"
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 Nussbaum: "Butler says that our subversion cannot hope to change the overall system." Does Butler really say that?
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply

#quet2011 IMO Nussbaum never engages Butler's criticism of the subject of "woman" -- instead continually uses it unproblematically
Oct 27 via webFavoriteRetweetReply