Recently in live-tweets Category

D.E #2 Tweeting Foucault

This is my first attempt to tweet while reading. I have to say I liked it very much, it helped me to understand what I was looking at. Plus I think Foucault is one of the most interesting minds. I like tweeting as a way of note keeping, also others may become interested by the passages chosen. The internet is a source of power and resistance, I find myself wondering what he would have thought of this class. p.s I just realized I posted @quet2011 not #, so you may not see it on the scroll. Good thing, it's long!?!

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
#quet2011 wondering then how Foucault would have equated facebook in the exercise of power relations.
1 minute ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
#quet2011bib dos on the way
9 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 Foucault blows my mind!!
16 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 silence and shelter for power. there is then no one truth that can be undone?
21 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 discourse transmits and produces power.
22 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 therefor we are all implicated in power relations.
26 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet though discourse power and knowledge join
27 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 "medicalization of sex and the psychiatrization of its non-genital form". didn't get that till now!!
28 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 relations of power are a matrix, moving , changing.
32 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 techniques of power knowledge and procedures of discourse were capable of investing (powers, target) WOW!
36 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 "How was the action of these power relations modified by their very exercise"? good question
41 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 interesting how power and resistance shape destroy and reform thought institutions and bodies.
50 minutes ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 "where there is power there is resistance" Foucault. Form inside, power is within there is no escaping.
1 hour ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 power from below a thought we never conceive of unless its viewed as revolution, not that we had power in the first place. Ummm?
1 hour ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 power is NOT a structure or institution, "Politics is war by other means"...I like that!!
1 hour ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 power is ever present, produced at every moment in relation from point to point.
1 hour ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 live tweeting thoughts back on line
1 hour ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 no existence of central point of power.
6 hours ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 "power must be understood in the first instance as the multiplicity of force relations" uhh wow
7 hours ago

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 this is a power bagel
7 hours ago Favorite Reply Delete
ยป

mejiagmn Gina Cristian
@quet2011 live tweet d.e Foucault History of Sexuality
7 hours ago

Live-tweeting @Shatoll004's presentation on gender

After the jump, check out my live-tweets of Shatoll004's presentation on gender. I got a little distracted during the discussion of pronouns in source 2. Let me know if I missed anything important in my tweets.

Live-tweeting Kelly's presentation

Yesterday, Kelly gave a great presentation on Jasbir Puar's "Mapping U.S. Homonormativities" and her term, homonationalism. I experimented with live-tweeting as she presented. You can check out my tweets after the break (note: Nyssa also live-tweeted, so check our class list or #quet2011 for her great tweets).

I like live-tweeting because it allows me publicly document talks/presentations. In some ways, I treat it like taking notes...in public. While I like live-tweeting, I find it to be difficult; people talk fast and it's hard to record what they're saying (especially in 140 characters). What do you think of my tweets? Anything you want to add that I missed? Have you thought about live-tweeting a class (or as you are reading an essay)?