« Blog #2 | Main | Blog #2 »

Blog # 2

After reading the short story "I Stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen, it made me think of my life a little bit when growing up.

The mother in the story had a very rough life. things were never easy for her or for her kids growing up. Especially for Emily. they grew up being distant and living in poverty. it made me think of my sister and i when we were growing up. we didn't always have a lot of money, and we didn't have too many rules growing up. but one thing we always did have was a roof over our heads. Just as the kids in the short story always had a roof over their head. things would have been a lot different for the children and for my sister and i if our mothers did not have a shelter. somewhere we could all call home. Which in the article "Women and Poverty" in objective A1 lines 58m, it says "Enable women to obtain affordable housing." i think that is very important to think about. Having a home is always a big impact for people. it such a security for anyone to know that they have a "home" to live in. Making housing for women who need it for their children is such a huge aspect of being a mother. The narrator in the short story always did a great job for her children when providing a roof over their heads, and letting them know that they have a place to call home.