« Myers-Briggs | Main | The Mission »

Why even bother...

I got to calc about 7 minutes early. I sat where I normally sit-the right end seat, about 3 from the front. There was a seat open next to me, then someone in the seat after that. No one had filled the seat immediately to my left by the time class started, so I stretched my legs out in front of it. About 10 minutes later, a guy comes in, and sits in the seat immediately to my left, so now I have to get out of his way. Then he just sits there writing down pairs of letters all over his notebook page (the prof is giving us notes on limits...nothing to do with letter pairs). With 15 minutes left of class, they guy gets up and leaves. The class is only 50 minutes long. He missed half of it. What was the point of even coming? I don't get it. I was also annoyed, because I couldn't get comfortable again after he came and sat next to me. Then in my writing class, 3 people came late. one came in 5 minutes late, another 17 minutes late, and the third 18 minutes late. Once again, only a 50 minute class period. coming 5 minutes late, i can understand that, but almost 20 minutes? that's missing half the class, basically. And it's also really disruptive-they have to find a seat, take of their coat, get situated, turn of their cell...
why can't they just get to class on time? everyone else does.