« Delofted | Main | Favorites »

Some Quotes to Make Me Feel Better...

...because quotes always make me feel better. Not that I'm feeling bad, I'm just feeling displaced in my own sanctuary in this crazy college life, and I don't appreciate it.

"The more things change, the more they remain... insane."
-Michael Fry and T. Lewis, Over the Hedge, 05-09-04

"So you see, imagination needs moodling - long, inefficient, happy idling, dawdling and puttering. "
-Brenda Ueland

"Observe Everything.
Communicate Well.
Draw, Draw, Draw."
-Frank Thomas, Disney Animator, When asked to give advice to young animators

"The most potent muse of all is our own inner child."
-Stephen Nachmanovitch

"In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer. It's interior decorating. It's the fabric of the curtains of the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design. Design is the fundamental soul of a human-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service."
-Steve Jobs

"Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home."
-John Howard Payne

"There is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen."
-Sean O'Faolain

this one made me giggle:
"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
-Tom Stoppard

"The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, 'Is there a meaning to music?' My answer would be, 'Yes.' And 'Can you state in so many words what the meaning is?' My answer to that would be, 'No.' "
-Aaron Copland

So I've already posted this quote, but it still makes me laugh:
"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger."
-Dan Rather
I listen to William Tell and think half time show, being on the string of the bow in the drill, playing it [almost] fully memorized in pep band...not the Lone Ranger.

I like this one:
"My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence."
-Edith Sitwell

"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!"
J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, 1997

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
-E. B. White

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."
-Rita Mae Brown

"USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population."
-David Letterman

and i think that's enough for now.