« Happy New Year! | Main | Accomplishment »

Spring is in the air

Oh how I love spring. It's my favorite season (fall is a very close second). Everything is waking up after a long hibernation, the trees start growing leaves, flowers start to bloom, everything starts becoming green again, and there is an overwhelming freshness to the air. Everything is coming to life. I'm sad that I wont be able to spend time at home during spring. It is a wonderful time there. All the wonderful earthy smells, mom starts her garden again, we start running around barefoot through the cool grass. Too bad spring break was this past week instead of during the middle of spring. But in spite of that, today is the first day of spring, so (surprise, surprise) I found some quotes to kick off the season.

An optimist is the human personification of spring.
-Susan J. Bissonette

If there comes a little thaw,
Still the air is chill and raw,
Here and there a patch of snow,
Dirtier than the ground below,
Dribbles down a marshy flood;
Ankle-deep you stick in mud In the meadows while you sing,
"This is Spring."
-Christopher Pearce Cranch, A Spring Growl

[Spring is] when life's alive in everything.
-Christina Rossetti (1830 - 1894)

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
-Robin Williams

It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!
-Mark Twain

If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring bloom, maybe your soul has never been in bloom.
-Audra Foveo

If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.
-Nadine Stair

The seasons are what a symphony ought to be: four perfect movements in harmony with each other.
-Arthur Rubenstein

Happy First Day of Spring!

Spring! 4-21 (1).JPG