1. Was Roosevelt's appearance on the Fireside Chats intended to inform the public about politics or was it to control peoples thinking? How did the general public respond to the chat and why? (298-99).
2. Were the radio chats successful? How did Roosevelt use radio to reach the nation's public? What is the relationship between the media and politics? (301). Explain how the radio unified the public? (308)
3. Explain Vox Pop's intentions and the strategies that were used to reach audience? Does the media influence politics continue post -election? And if so how? (317)
4. Explain how Roosevelt used radio as a device to reach out to Americans? Compare his use of the media to Presidents Obama's use of media? (301-302)
5. According to the reading how has the radio blurred the line between public and private? (249). How has social networking sites affected political elections in history? How do current social networking sites differ from radio podcasts in the past and how do they affect elections now days? Is it necessary to have politicians on social networking sites such as face book and twitter?