• Emergency department visits and ambulance costs to the hospital.
• Outpatient clinic visits to primary care physician or psychiatrist.
• Inpatient hospital mental health care cost.
• Psychologist, counselor, social worker or nurse or counselor visits.
• Medico-legal and law-enforcement costs.
• Lost revenue of railway corporation on days there are suicide attempts on railways.
• Administrative costs for processing compensation/disability claims.
• Lost lifetime productivity years from premature death.
• Disability adjusted life years (DALY). (7)
Recently in 06. Direct and Indirect monetary costs of completed and failed suicide Category