11 nations, divisible

My old high school teacher sent me this article. It discusses and analyzes the geographic differences in the U.S. and why regions vote the way they do in elections. I thought you guys would find it interesting :)

I saw this as well. It seems like an interesting argument. I like how it traces the origins of these differences to settlement patterns. I wonder, though, whether over time these differences will diminish as older generations leave the population and are replaced by younger generations socialized in a more globalized era?

I also found this to be an interesting read. It is interesting to think about how different the U.S. is geographically in various locations. In consideration of the previous comment, I believe that these patterns will diminish as the United States is becoming more accepting and as new generations are coming in.