« Another DVD ordered! | Main | NPR- Black Actors in Love Scenes: No Need to Apply »

Ladies Submit Your Films!

lily.png

CALL FOR FILM SUBMISSIONS
The 2007 Black Lily Film & Music Festival (“The Lily�) will be the first event of its kind in Philadelphia—a film and music festival wholly focused on the contributions of women. It will take place May 4-6 in Philadelphia. Recognizing the parallels between the music and film industries—both male dominated fields—in which women continue to strive for the acknowledgement and recognition often taken for granted by their male counterparts; this international, multi-racial, non-competitive festival seeks to highlight groundbreaking women filmmakers and musicians.

OPEN CALL
The films in this section will make up the bulk of programming and may be short-form (0-30 minutes) or feature-length (31-90 minutes) in any of the following genres:

Narrative Films

We are accepting works of fiction that deal with any topic or theme, provided that the work is directed and/or produced by a woman. Preference will be given to recent works, but it is not mandatory.

New Media/Experimental
We are accepting works that don’t fit into the narrative/documentary binary. Works that employ alternative technology and/or structure are encouraged to submit to this category. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to mount video installation, so please only submit works that are meant to be screened in a theater.

Documentary Films
These works may include shorts and features from 0 to 90 minutes. Works not originally produced in English must have English subtitles.

Music Videos
These works may feature artists that are signed or unsigned as long as the director has festival rights to screen the work. They should not exceed 5 minutes in length.

SPECIAL PROGRAMMING

Peace & Justice
Black Lily is collaborating with non-profit group Spearhead Soldier to present works celebrating the global struggle for peace and justice for individuals, families, communities and nations. We welcome narratives, documentaries and experimental works dealing with this topic. Priority will be given to works dealing with violence against women but all will be viewed and considered.

Women in Music
Given the history of the Black Lily organization and our hometown of Philadelphia’s rich legacy contributing to American music, we’ve decided to have a special focus on films dealing with women in music. These films can be narratives or documentaries about musicians, composers, vocalists, promoters or related artists.

Young Lily
Girls aged 19 and under are encouraged to submit film & video works that will be shown in conjunction with the Open Call, but will receive special attention for a Black Lily Honor on closing night and also be screened as part of the Girls Workshop.

The Five Spot: Paying homage to the home of our original music series, five [5] works created by local women filmmakers who live in Philadelphia and the surrounding area will be showcased. Artists must have lived in the city for at least six months prior to submission. Any pieces 45 minutes and under are welcome for this showcase.

PRIORTITY DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS DECEMBER 1, 2006
Late deadline is December 31, 2006

Download Submission Guidelines HERE

Download Entry Form HERE

Please mail submissions (and a postage-paid return envelope if desired) to:

Black Lily Film & Music Festival
c/o Painted Bride Arts Center
230 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106 USA

Submission fees must be made out the Painted Bride Arts Center
(Please include “Black Lily Festival� in the memo line)

For updates and more information, check out blacklilyfilm.org and myspace.com/blacklilyfilm

** PLEASE NOTE THAT A SEPARATE CALL FOR MUSICIANS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN DECEMBER **

Kudos to you! This is a really good blog here and I love your style of writing. How did you get so good at blogging?

I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it's rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.. :)

I'd love to see you do a writeup on freecorder. I've been using it for a few years now, I'm surprised you haven't written on it yet.

This is the best blog I've ever seen in my life! I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to share this with everyone.

You really allow it to be seem very easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually a thing that I believe I would never understand.

You really make it seem very easy together with your presentation but I find this topic to become actually a thing that I believe I would never understand.

Hello Webmaster. I truly just like your article and the web site all in all! The piece of writing is actually very plainly written and without difficulty understandable. Your current Blog style is amazing as well! Would definitely be awesome to learn exactly where I can get that. If possible maintain up the excellent job. We all need much more these website owners such as you on the web and also much less spammers. Fantastic man!

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.