« What the ???: Palin Edition | Main | Suggested Event: "EXPLODE THE VOTE" Concert! »

Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now

Here's what I'm teaching at IFP:

Introduction to Video Production – Learning the Techniques*

Instructor: Rachel Raimist
6 sessions: Wednesdays, October 1–November 5, 6:30–9:30pm
Reg. deadline: September 24
Tuition: $235/$195 members
Max. enrollment: 12 students

This course is designed for all skill and interest levels - beginners, video enthusiasts and more experienced students needing a refresher course. Students will gain hands-on production experience using digital video (DV). We’ll focus on directing the camera, lighting for video and sound recording. We’ll also examine video production techniques of various film forms and genres through a mixture of screenings, discussions and hands-on exercises. There will be no hands-on editing during the course. Tuition includes camera rental for use outside of class.

Advanced Video Production – Shooting the Short Film*
Instructor: Rachel Raimist
6 sessions: Wednesdays, November 12–December 17, 6:30–9:30pm
Reg. deadline: November 5
Tuition: $235/$195 members
Max. enrollment: 12 students

This course is designed for students with some filmmaking experience who have the desire to produce a short film. Students should have some experience with camera, sound and lighting equipment. You’re encouraged to come to class with a short script (up to 8 pages of narrative, documentary or experimental) that will be used for the duration of the course. You’ll learn how to revise scripts, prepare production materials (budget, storyboards, shooting scripts, etc.), cast actors, and other aspects of pre-production. We’ll study directing the camera, directing actors and creating visuals that communicate the director’s vision. Students will select scripts to collectively shoot as a group or proceed with individual projects. Students will crew shoots, act as production teams for one another and edit projects using Final Cut or iMovie.

We’ll conclude the course by screening our work. Students are issued editing time to be used in IFP’s editing suite outside of class time to help ensure project completion by the end of the session. Students are expected to provide their own portable external hard drives for storing their projects. Tuition includes equipment rental and editing time.

LOTS of AMAZING CLASSES!

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I've found this topic to become actually something which I think I would never understand.

Fantastic article ! You havemade some very astute statements and I appreciate the the effort you have put into your writing. Its clear that you know what you are writing about. I am excited to read more of your sites content.

For what its worth, the layout is absolutely amazing. You know the way to balance writing and images/videos. However, I cant get over how little you truly bring to light here. I think that everyones said the identical thing that youve said over and over once more. Dont you feel its time for something more?

Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm impressed! Extremely useful information particularly the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

I'm very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

I agree with your Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now, fantastic post.

I like Your Article about Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now Perfect just what I was looking for! .

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you can be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and will eventually come back someday. I want to encourage one to continue your great posts, have a nice day!

Thanks for sharing Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now with us keep update bro love your article about Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now .

Appreciate it for sharing Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now with us keep update bro love your article about Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now .

Dude, I wish I could create articles half as great as you. Your posts are often so very well written. Do you outsource it or publish it yourself?

Thankyou for sharing Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now with us keep update bro love your article about Rachel's Spot: Fall Classes at IFP Enrolling Now .

This page really answered my question, thank you!

LA9mTw Interesting, but still I would like to know more about it. Liked the article:DD

ynJP4s Good post! Found a lot of new and interesting! Will share the link with others:DD