The end of one experience & the beginning of another...

In the beginning I was scared to sign up for this program. I wondered if it was going to be boring, if the people were going to be lame, and I was not sure if I wanted to give up my summer for this program. But in the end I decided to give it a try and participate and I'm very glad I did. This class and the entire bridge experience was better than I expected. In Digital Storytelling I learned how to create an effective digital story and became familiar with the term 'gift'. I was also able to show my gift through a digital story.learned that everyone has different interpretations of a story and you can't put a value on a story because they're all special in some way. Digital storytelling is another way I can express myself and my creativity. This class taught me how to view things from different view points other than my own. Manhood, womanhood, aesthetics, the gaze, and "the box" are just few of the many things that I learned from this class and that I will carry with me throughout my college experience. I love my classmates and enjoyed the great intense discussions we had. Thank you classmates and wonderful teachers/mentors for making my summer here worthwhile at the program. I enjoyed myself and I'm proud of myself for finishing! Good luck to all and I hope we can keep in touch!

XOXO ~Ashley Akpaka~

This page contains a single entry by akpak002 published on July 30, 2010 1:55 PM.

This is my Awesomely awesome sweetness it is sunny outside in Minneapolis type of reflection was the previous entry in this blog.

WHat I learned In DS!!!! is the next entry in this blog.