Digital Storytelling Class in the Bridge Program-Samantha

What a summer it has been here at the 2010 Bridge Program!
I made new friends, learned new knowledge, and went on various adventure. However, one new adventure I really enjoyed was making my video in Digital Storytelling class. Although it was hard at first with the computer work, editing using Final cut for the first time ever in my life, it was fun. Using Final Cut for the first time was very stressful because it was so new to me and everyone else. We had only two days of tutorial of Final Cut. I'm not sure how I was able to attain two-third of the information but I did. I caught most of the information and my first video wasn't so bad. Editing was a very long process, I stayed up late at Ford Hall as well as many others working on our video. (That is something I'm going to remember for a very long time!!!) It was fun watching everyone's video at the end, it helped me to understand every individual in detail of who they are and where they come from, which was very nice.
Besides learning all the technical technology things, I also learned a lot from reading the Joe Lambert book and the Practices of Looking reading from our general session. I learned a lot of new terms and a lot about the media that I never stop to think for a second. A lot of the terms related back to what we watched in General session which were pretty interesting movies and I learned a lot from them as well.
I didn't expect to enjoy myself so much in Digital Storytelling class and learn about myself and my ability as a student to go beyond and have confidence to produce a video and post it to a blog. This being my first time blogging, it was quite interesting and fun. I would like to thank Rachel Raimist for teaching this course and having the patience to stick with us throughout the summer and explain things to us when we were all confused. I would like to thank Kandace Creel Falcon, for being a great TA and helping us with our papers and videos and also for bringing us bagels in the morning for General session. That was Yummy!!! Thank you!!! I would like to thank Charles Helm and Syressa Lewis for staying with us at Ford Hall and helping us with our videos and giving feedback. It was very helpful and a lot of fun! I would like to thank Xai Lee for staying late with us, event though she was so tired from us, at Ford Hall until 2 o'clock in the morning. Thank you!!!