Category 5. Feminist Media Event Reflections
For this assignment you are to attend EITHER:
Wonder Women :: Art & Technology / culturing nature :: culturing technology exhibit (details below; March 6th post)
Note: this event is FREE, but you must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for FRIDAY, MARCH 14th Events (Studio Action Workshops, Panel, etc). The Gallery is free and open to the public.
Women with Vision at the Walker Arts Center (details below; March 6th post)
Another feminist media event (talk, gallery, video screening). Note: You must EMAIL me for an approval of this event!
BLOG POST WRITE-UP INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Attend the event. Take NOTES! You will need DETAILS to do your reflection post.
Note: If you choose to write on Assemblage, you must watch/visit at least 5 of the sites, and choose 1-2 to write about. Your viewing (navigating the pages of the site/show) will count as your attendance. Think about how "traveling" and viewing media on the Internet affects your experience.
2. Research the artist(s) you intend to discuss.
3. Write a 500 - 1000 word reflective write-up of the event. In your post, you must:
- Share the CONTEXT (a bit about bg of the artist) of the work (the who, what, where, when ?s)
- Reflect on the CONTENT (the subject, issues, themes... explored in the work
- Discuss details of the FORM (aesthetics, materials used, technical stuff...) of the work
Post this write-up by Tuesday, APRIL 1 at NOON!