« Final Thoughts | Main | Final Thoughts »

Media Making Reflection

I came into this class hoping to merge together my former love for editing and filming with the my current love of gender studies and I really am happy the way things turned out. I was a communications student at my first college and in high school I edited, filmed,and hosted our student television announcements, a senior citizens television program, and was the advertising director for our school store. I used to LOVE making media. Then I got to college and hated it. I also got into the sports communication department which made it worse. I got a lot of hands-on work at our school's tv station but the classes were meaningless. That's why I was really quite nervous for this class. Since I knew media making was something I loved, if the class was bad I would hate it even more. But I can honestly say that I appreciated all that I learned throughout this class. The assignments had a purpose; I wasn't in a meaningless public speaking class or boring communication research methods class. I felt like I was going somewhere and doing something practical with what I was learning.

Since I am moving next fall, this class really encouraged me to look into documenting my travels. I am hoping to be able to afford a DV camera and really want to capture what Haiti will be like for me when I am there. So in short, I think I really will take some practical knowledge moving forward and I now have the motivation to do something with my love for media making.

Do you could have any extra information about this? Good net design. Good luck in school.