« Feminism is My Unofficial (and not so new) Religion | Main | thankyouthankyou thank you for expanding my mind. »

Final Reflections

I knew very little about this subject when I began this class. I took it because my sister is a feminist and what she talks about I find fascinating but most of the time I have absolutely no idea what she's talking about. I feel like at the close of the semester, I now have the tools to understand what she says and what's really going on in the world around me.

I find myself looking at things a little different now. I will see a commercial, or a tv show, or a song that before I wouldn't have thought twice about and now I will stop and think about the way a feminist would analyze it. I wouldn’t call myself a feminist yet but I definitely see the injustices in the gender, women, and sexuality studies and look forward to learning more about them.

The media and the way it was used in this class amazed me. I loved that we would read sections of the book and then come to class and discuss what was in them by watching a Pink music video, listening to a song, or watching a film clip. It was so exciting to have a class that I looked forward to; not only because of the content, but also because of the way it was presented.

I really enjoyed this class and would definitely recommend it to anybody and everybody (and I have!)