Fact vs. Truth - class discussion
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FACT AND TRUTH?
-For Toni Morrison, "facts can exist without human intelligence, but truth cannot."
- Fact is something that can be proven through a hypothesis with a theory.
- Truth is accepted/agreed on by a specific community, depending on the area.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FACT AND FICTION?
-Something can be added to a fact to make it fiction.
-If you want to add imagination, fact could be the place you start from.
-Some might view the same work as fiction, or fact. Perhaps fiction could be truth, also?
WHAT IS MEMORY?
- You might remember something differently now than how it happened a long time ago.
- It depends on the kind of story it is, how well you remember it - you might remember bits and pieces of things like kindergarten, but something tragic or extreme will be easier to remember with detail.
- There are different kinds of memory - short term and long term memory, and the memory might change as you/your brain grows.