6 minutes til tomorrow...

So, today, me and simon decided randomly to hit up bw3s...
I spent a grand total of 19.50 (including tip...)

but that included my fiances meal as well... We usually only go on Tuesdays because of the special wing night they have, and all of the amazing and tasty sauces they've concocted to go along with those wings. De-lish! Today, I managed to eat abotu 13 wings, leaving me with 7 to go home with... That'll be my lunch tomorrow... I can only manage to order up to the parmesan garlic sauce... I suppose if I was to get something hotter, I would have to buy a beer to wash it all down with... It's too bad that my tastebuds can't take the pain! I love to actually enjoy and taste my food when I eat.. ( I don't like the way my tongue burns and undergoes physical torture when eating flaming hot wings)

This early in the semester, I can afford my time to hang out with friends... love it... absolutely love it...

Richelle... you consumption feeder

k... so Richelle brought candy to class.. how dare she!
I had two bags of m n m's and a kit kat...
errrr......

shouldn't have!

Lunch

I brought my own lunch today... .a bag of sliced cheese, beef sausage bites, and some graham crackers.
During Jaspers class, I had one Cream Saver Apple Pie a la mode. I only allowed myself one though...
I keep thinking that i should lose some weight... going from 155 to 140... Yeah, that would be ideal for my wedding. I also know that by going on something similar to the Atkins diet, (of course, with some cheating allowed, hence the graham crackers) I should be able to lose the poundage...

If only I didn't cheat...

So here i am eating meat and cheese...
maybe i'll get some eggs later tonight...

Discussion

Today's class discussion was interesting. Watching the American Gladiators combined with our talk on stereotypes, spectacle, WWF, etc., brought some intriguing thoughts to mind.

I believe that our society really does play up the stereotypes that most everyone can relate to. The Gladiator clip was interesting in that it made sure to tell you a backstory about its contestants, thus bringing forth an emotional, or ethos, that the audience can relate to. I thought it evident that the actual gladiators were given certain stereotypes. Ones that many, in our society, relate to. The archetypes displayed by the contestants and gladiators, (examples: badass biker, rebel skater, blonde bombshell, Greek God, innocent angel, etc.) are ideologies, a persona that expresses not only actions, but also morals, as you can see within their stories.

I thought it was also interesting how the stories differ slightly between the men and the women. As you look at the differences, you can see that the woman is totally simple and "selling toilet paper?!" while struggling to raise three kids after being married for 3 years. We all know that this happens, even with the actual Gladiators, who were also probably once just "selling toilet paper," as the average joe. Their portrayal is not so much a lie, but is obviously left out so that the audience sees this archetype they want to portray. (a "badass biker" cannot be seen doing menial tasks like laundry or the dishes... it just doesn't fit with his persona.)

The men, on the other hand, have a similar story, and fit the persona of 'courageous, risk-taker...' like in the position of a firefighter... a hero position, or a person that people respect and would want to win. Though the other guy was a skater, he appeared to be taking on a role of a single parent, which also plays with our ethos.

The gladiators are presented to us purely in an introduction. We are given their stage names, while they walk out in their 'costumes,' and we, the spectators, are to judge them for ourselves. From preconceived notions of stereotypes, as well as their physical appearances (they look intimidating, like they would more than likely kick our asses in the real world...) We are only there to see them as a stereotype (no existing story of how they struggled to become what they are) because of their lack of a life... I mean, they must do their laundry and their dishes too.... and some of them must have kids as well, right? All of this is omitted, though, to preserve that badass quality...

I think the show is successful in that it plays on our notions that we, 'normal shmoes' would never stand up to someone like a gladiator, but the show somehow brings both sides to an equal level to where a joe has the possibility to come out on top... Because, in the end, one of the joes would come to the level of the next, new, American Gladiator! *and god, wouldn't that be wonderful...

Today, so far..

Well, it's still early and class still hasn't started yet..
I took the bus this morning #10 to the #16, and then onto the connector to St Paul. Long ride, but well worth not paying for gas! And I put it onto my pre-paid UPass through the University..

When I got to St Paul, I immediately went to Java City and got a coffee.
Large Guatemala - 2.12

I kinda went crazy this time, and sprinkled some cinnamon into it! Very aromaful.. and topped it off with half and half and one packet of sugar... (I usually don't use sugar, but I think I will need it today...) Today is my longest day!

last night... relaxation

Before I got home, I actually did buy a smoothie from Sola Squeeze
Raspberry Patch - $3.60
I also had two Honey Lemon Teas, and a handful of pistacios - I really wasn't hungry today...

Last night, I made myself some Healthy Choice salmon, broccoli, and pasta... It was pretty good! and I watched the new episode of Wildfire.