Northwood in charge of Smith´s case

Gopher's athletics director Norwood Teague will take the lead on Smith´s case, reported the Minnesota daily.

Gophers Basketball Coach Tubby Smith said he accepted Teague to be in charge on the punishment because he was to close to the situation, reported the StarTribune.

A day before Coach Smith son, Saul Smith's was arrested, Gophers basketball player Trevor Mbakwe was condemned to two more years of probation after the police caught him DWI in September, reported the Minnesota Daily.

The Minnesota Daily reported that Teague said, "Tubby and I talked a lot about it," "But in the end, it's my call. ... He's deferring to me right now."

The StarTribune reported that Teague said he was not sure if the assistant coach would stay suspended until Dec. 3 the court date.

Teague also said the university is keeps evaluating the situation and wants to make the best decision for the team, reported the StarTribune.