Recently in Artwork Category

Me

Hi, I'm Kaylee Randle and Welcome to my Blog!

Little Me

kayleelittle-1.jpg

I'm Kaylee. I've lived in Minnesota my whole life. I really like living near the city being close to malls and various fun places but also love the countryside and has always thought it would be so much fun to live on a farm because its so pretty and I really like animals. I'm generally a very happy person and like to have a great time wherever I'm at. I'm also a somewhat musical person. I've played the piano for 10 years and I've been playing the cello for 6 years and I really enjoy it. I really like to travel. I travel few times a year out of state for special church conventions, camps, and visiting friends and family.

Doll House Project sz.jpg
This is an image that I created that describes a lot of who I am. Here is a picture of my Doll House that I have had since I was very little. I was the typical little girl that loved playing with dolls and barbies. Besides showing my main interest as a child I added myself inside of the Doll House doing various different things that I like. I have myself in a car because I like to travel, I'm playing football in the backyard which is my favorite sport, I'm watching TV downstairs with someone to show that I like spending time with family and friends, I'm pushing babies in a swing because I really like little kids, I am cooking in the kitchen because I like to bake, upstairs I am holding my cello because I play it and that I'm musical, and on the top floor is me playing with a dog because I like animals and dogs are my favorite.

Week 14 Images

Minneapolis).jpg

MOAedited.jpg

Stone ARch bridge11.jpg

Doll House Stop Motion- A Night of Baby Sitting

Week 13 Images

Car Air Vent.jpg

Dallas.jpg
Dallas

Purse.jpg

Week 12 Images

Aquarium .jpg

Texas Size Human Maze.jpg

Animal.jpg

Where the Wild Things Are

In a short three minute sequence that I chose in the movie Where the Wild Things are shows many different camera angle shots to show the importance in the scene, help the audience understand the feeling of being the character at that part, and have a large visual image of what is happening in the story. During this sequence the little boy, Max, just ran away from home because he was angry about his life at home and took a little sail boat over water and landed on this island where later he'll come across the Wild Things. This short three minute sequence shows him getting out of the boat and to the shore of the water and then climbing a huge cliff on the land.
The camera first shows Max up close in the boat. The camera is not being held still. This is to get the effect for the audience of the jerkiness of the boat and the waves hitting the boat.

The camera goes back and forth for a little while showing the boy, seeing his face expression which shows that he is not enjoying the ride and is some what frightened, and then the boat and view in front of Max of the shore he is coming to. As Max reaches closer to the shore he falls out of the boat and the camera not only just shows him in the water but also goes under the water with him and back above the water with him getting air a few times. Now we see Mas arrive on shore pulling his boat with a rope. The camera moves very quickly showing different shots of the boy and the boat and the ground that he is pulling the boat across, not very smoothly. This is giving the viewers the feel of the difficulty Max is having pulling the boat and the strong wind from the waves. Next, as Max is pulling the boat on the sand, camera directer chose to get a shot of the island from birds-eye-view or from the top of the cliff looking down so that we can get an aspect of the area Max is arriving at. The camera then is back at the same level as Max and showing the cliff in front of Max so that the viewers can get a good picture of what Max sees. Now we see Max starting to climb the cliff. The camera is looking up at him to show height of the cliff. The camera switches quick to different positions showing his feet slipping and getting grip on the cliff, the area above Max on the side of the cliff that he will be reaching next, a view of Max from the side and above so that we can see how huge the cliff is and how high up Max is from the ground now, A close up of his face to understand how frightened he is feeling, a shot of the ground straight below him of the waves rolling in giving the viewers a worried feeling of Max so high up, a camera view from straight out looking at Max and the whole side of the cliff to see the proportion of Max and the huge cliff, and then him finally reaching the top of the cliff.

After that the camera turns around so that we can see what Max is seeing. The camera is not being held still. It is wobbly, quick, and a little jerky to give of the feel as if we are Max and this is what he is looking at and how he is looking at it. We then see a side view of Max in the woods on the cliff. This shows us the challenges of all of the branches and obstacles he has to watch out for and step over and move out of the way of. During this last minute of the sequence it shows Max in the woods at a spot looking out at some fire in the woods and where he sees the Wild Things moving above throwing sticks and breaking things. The camera moves quickly from Max to what he is looking at. The camera is not smooth so that we get the feeling of being Max and how frightened he is from how fast the camera is moving all over the forest in front of him of the Wild Things. That is the end of this three minute sequence.

Week 11 Images

Ryan BBall-sized.jpg

Stop Sign-sized.jpg

Car Mirror-sized.jpg

Nadine and her life of Track

This is a video of my cousin Nadine speaking about one of her favorite things she is involved in. She is a runner and participates in Track. Here she tells why she likes it, what she likes about it, and what she is doing to approve and have success at a race or track meet.

Week 10 Images

the goats.jpg

eating waffle.jpg

Flamingos.jpg

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Artwork category.