Do women make better university presidents? | Main | Wi-Fi Connection Theft

Give a little

Blood Shortage Hits Minnesota. I guess there will be an unintentionally short blog post. The summer months are a time of year that blood banks often run low. Maybe the warm weather brings the vampires out a bit more than the winter? If anyone is interested the American Red Cross is wired with technology. You can make your appointment to donate blood online! I picked this article because it was much less depressing than any of the other articles I happened across. It is my goal for the rest of the semester to pick a "happy" article.

Anyone have a mildly amusing story about donating blood?

Posted by at July 23, 2005 8:21 PM

I do! I do! I once exchanged blood for help moving out of my apartment. No, really! A few years ago, before I started donating blood regularly, there was a blood drive, and an acquaintance (which is actually a misleading term, I'd just met her) was trying to get me to give blood. I was moving a few weeks after the blood drive, so I told her half-jokingly that I'd give blood if she agreed to help me move. We drew up a little cocktail-napkin contract and everything. I gave blood and she came through and helped me move.

Of course, looking back on it, I feel like a total heel (or, rather, stool sample) for doing that, but I couldn't not tell the story after your solicitation of amusing blood donation tales, Matt.

Posted by: Clancy at July 23, 2005 8:40 PM