« Wallets found at barracks provide trip back in time | Main | Is a Large Economic Gap Among Citizens a Good Thing »

Coleman to propose stem cell bill, breaking with Bush

the Pioneer Press,July 26, 2005
by Frederic J. Frommer

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/state/minnesota/12229187.htm

Since this article on July 26, another republican politician has come forward in support of federal funding for stem cell research.

“Because harvesting embryonic stem cells destroys embryos, Bush and many other conservatives equate the process with abortion and view it as immoral.” (Frommer). Norm Coleman, like many in the Republican Party, opposes legalized abortion. This is why his proposal involves the use of embryos that have already been destroyed. The Bush administration, however, does not intend to lift the ban of federal funding for stem cell research it enacted four years ago.

Personally, I’m for stem cell research, and I have every confidence that our next president, Republican or otherwise, will lift the ban.

Posted by at July 29, 2005 9:56 PM | World News with a Local Emphasis

I agree with Patricia on this as well. It is about time that some more politicians come forward on the issue and let others know that you don't need to kill embryos to conduct stem cell research.

Posted by: Shannon at July 30, 2005 4:51 PM

Stem cell research is all about saving life and not destroying one as it has been claim by some so-call politicians who're using this issue only for political gain. I too believe that the next President who ever it will be, will lift this all important research ban to save life around the world.

Posted by: Bill at July 31, 2005 9:31 PM