How I Hit a Car on Thurs.

I was driving home on Thursday and I hit this other person's car, not like full-on collision or anything but enough to scratch up part of my car and probably dent her's. I usually don't really pay much attention to yield signs, because I'm fairly certain they should be optional, but this one I honestly didn't see, so I went past it and part of my car was in the street (I was coming out of a parking lot). A woman's car was ahead of me and this guy in a truck then came up behind me so that the front left corner of my car was sort of wedged between their cars (this is getting harder to explain). We were at a standstill for a while, but then the woman started creeping forward, and so did the guy, but my corner is in front of him, so I started moving forward, too, but then he honked his horn at me, so I look back at him and, in the process, didn't see the woman in front of me stop her car, so the corner of my car hit her back end. She got out of her car and I rolled down my window and she started with this really unnecessary tone, "What the hell are ya' doin'? You have a yield sign!" and I was like, wow, stress is coming on now, and then the guy in the truck who had honked, who I hadn't hit, started screaming at me out of his car and stuff. I used some pretty unseemly language towards him, as by this point the stress was pretty thick, and then the woman went back in her car and drove off, which left me kind of wondering if this meant I was doing a hit and run, since I wasn't about to like track her down or anything. The guy in the truck kept going in the same direction as me, though, and we both pulled up side-by-side at the next red light and he kept yelling out of his car, which I responded to with a few volleys of more unseemly language. I don't know if this is a really climactic story, but it really left me pretty frayed for the rest of the day.

Posted by john6507 at 6:09 PM

Odd song reference, Part I

On the bus ride back from class Paxton, Abdi, Helen, and myself were stumped about the title of the imfamous Sir Mix-A-Lot song. Yes, we figured out that it was "Baby Got Back." Paxton thought we could do a little blog-series about that song. I believe he'll have more on that later.

Posted by mill1621 at 11:28 PM

Noam Chomsky's Blog

Here's a link to Turning the Tide, Noam Chomsky's blog. (I promised to post it, as Chomsky's name came up in one of the groups tonight.) It's good stuff; I encourage you to check it out!

Posted by ratli008 at 9:32 PM